Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Day 3 - No time but I can still work out!

It's day 3 and I'm quickly remembering why this is a commitment. It's not that I don't enjoy it, because I do - every time I work out I always say "that's great! I'm so glad I did it." But on days where I'm busy or tired, it's easy for this to be at the bottom of my to do list because I can't immediately see the results like a lower weight on the scale or 6 pack abs. Yesterday when I got home I crashed - HARD. I had no energy and I talked myself in to not working out. Now - on the positive side - I also talked myself out of a glass of wine and I stuck to my diet.

Today, I came home from work and knew that I had to make dinner and meet the girls out at 730. Then I remembered that my girl Challene from Turbo Fire does a HIT work out. It's 15 minutes but it's High Intensity (HIT) and man is it a challenge. I also decided to do a longer stress and go through some of the yoga I did with Christina while I was in Houston. I got my heart rate up, kicked ass and still got dinner on the table by 630!


Lesson of the day: You have time for anything you want to do. You have to make yourself a priority. And there's a lesson in there about patience to but I'm not ready to learn that one yet :)


2 comments:

  1. Love you and Yoga! Woke up with a migraine this morning so I didn't work out but I did a kettle bell workout yesterday and so help me God I will do something tomorrow morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN sissy! Good job on declining the wine... first steps are always hard:)

    ReplyDelete