Monday, January 2, 2012

The best day EVER!

Thursday, December 15, 2011 was by far the best day of my life!

Here's the run down of what happened....

1. We bought a house  (more pictures to come!)
2. WE GOT ENGAGED!!!


Add caption

The center stone was my Great Aunt Dixie's :)



Reg and I :)


I look back at these pictures and it makes me so giddy! Like most girls you dream of the day you get engaged, how it will happen, what he'll say, how he'll do it, everything; and then it happens and it's better then anything you have ever dreamt!

Mike thought it would be fun to continue the suspense of seeing the new house until after dinner... I thought this was a dumb idea but followed along. We went to this great Thai place for dinner and couldn't stop talking about the new house and how excited we were to get in there and get things done. After dinner we drove to the house like giddy school kids. We pulled up and it was OURS!!! We walked through the front door and then Mike said, "wait come back I want to carry you over the threshold". So I walked back outside and he carried me over the threshold like they do in movies (it was perfect!) I didn't think anything of it because I just thought he was excited that it was finally ours. As we walked up the stairs I noticed some red things on the floor (later to be identified as rose petals) he walked around in front of me holding my arms and said something along the lines of "Kendayl I love you so much and I want to spend the rest of my life with you". He dropped to one knee and said "Kendayl will you marry me?".  I cried and cried and cried. I couldn't believe it... Mike Fissel was asking me to marry him... in OUR NEW home! I squeaked out a yes and jumped in his arms! It was truly a moment I will never forget in my whole life!
Both of our parents had gone in on a house warming basket with wine, toilet paper, candles, etc. and had some flowers waiting for us. His aunt and uncle and their kids had made us a sign and some brownies as well.  It was perfect!
After attempting to get in touch with everyone I had thought I would always call my bestie Regina and her hubby Antonio came over to celebrate with us! Later on that night Mike's parents came over to see the house, ring, and their newly engaged son and daughter in-law to be!

I could go on and on about this day and I'm sure I will later on:) I mean we do have to plan our wedding!! (eeek!!!)

I keep reminding Mike that we're getting married, as if he didn't know! It's just so much fun! I'm going to be a wife!

I'll have lots of posts about wedding and house updates soon!!!!

Thank you for all the love, congratulations, and support! We are so unbelievable excited and can't wait to start the next chapter in our lives together:)

xoxo, 
K



3 comments:

  1. YAY Kendayl! I am so happy for you and Mike! Congratulations!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY I'm so excited for you! And I've been waiting for your engagement story ever since you announced on Facebook, Mike did a great job! SO glad you guys are getting married, you guys make an adorable couple! I always wondered about you guys while Warner and I were dating haha. You look so happy in our pics and will make a beautiful bride! Yay weddings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the story of your engagement. It is SO sweet. I am so so happy for you and Mike. You will be a beautiful bride!! :)

    ReplyDelete