Thursday, January 5, 2012

I, like a lot of people these days, are obsessed with Pinterest. The ideas and possibilities are endless! I will say it makes narrowing down ideas and making decisions way more difficult for me! (no shocker there) Recently I have been pinning wedding ideas onto my board with the help of my sister and 2 best friends Katlyn and Julie.
   The funny thing is, is that I've changed my mind evolved my color theme ideas. Is that normal? Did your ideas change once you got engaged/during the planning process? I was dead set on navy and yellow and now I want more of a rustic wood, champagne, ivory, and white colored scheme. My sister has some really cute ideas so that I can still incorporate the navy and yellow (our fun side) and have a romantic and elegant feel as well.
  Here are some of my our ideas thus far:










 

Sorry about the pictures being all over the place... my computer is being difficult.

These are just some ideas I'm thinking about for the reception area. I have some other "fun" ideas for the cocktail hour that I'll get to later.
    Apparently, according to my wedding planner (aka my sister) I have a budget and everything I want may not fit that so called "budget".  I don't know about her but I live in a dream land and everything fits into that budget. (ha! I wish!) However, she made a spreadsheet for us to get a feel for what things cost and how fast things can add up and we're already over budget and guess what... WE HAVEN'T EVEN STARTED PLANNING IT YET! oy ve!

Needless to say we're so excited to get started! As of today... February 11 will be the start of our venue search! More on those locations later:)

Feel free pin some ideas on Pinterest or leave some ideas on my comments:) The more the merrier!

xoxo,

Kendayl










4 comments:

  1. I love the color scheme of rustic wood, champagne, ivory, and white - very classic and timeless! I don't think you could go wrong with it. I was pretty dead set on most of my wedding plans/ideas. I always knew I wanted purple and to have the reception where I did but your ideas and thoughts do change as you get more into it. Especially on things like the gown! Planning is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know! Thanks Bethany!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kendayl. I love your wedding ideas and color scheme - very classy!

    I was already obsessed with Pinterest but now that Isaac and I are engaged, it's even worse. :)

    Have fun planning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I changed our... all the way up to a few months before the wedding! I originally wanted the channel the great Lilly Pulitzer with Pink and Green... but because we were getting married at my childhood home outdoors... I didnt need a lot of green details because there would be so much natural green around us! Our wedding invitations for pink and ivory... and we were using burlap on tables and in detaills... needless to say the colors evolved into Pink, Light Pink, Ivory and Burlap/Khaki! And I wouldnt have had it any other way :) Not to mention they all looked awesome with the natural green around us! Love both of your color scheme ideas! Cant go wrong with either!!!

    ReplyDelete