Sunday, January 8, 2012

OUR home sweet home

    I have been waiting to post about our new home for so long but until the keys were handed over we agreed to keep the cyber world waiting (even though I told everyone I know months ago... oops!)  
    On December 15, 2011 we bought our first home! Technically it's a townhouse but none-the-less our HOME! It is a move-in ready home but we can't wait to get out little DIY hands on her and make her our own. The previous owner hadn't lived in the house in 3 years because he moved away for his job, so as you can imagine the house was in GREAT shape. To say there was no "style" or "personality" in the home would be an understatement. It was a sterile, boring, and a lonely little place. It was dying for a little TLC. And don't you worry we plan to bring some life back into her and make her into a place that we can call OUR home. Here are some pictures to show you the BEFORE and as we embark on the journey of fixing her up I'll be sure to capture all the good, bad, and ugly moments of this new adventure of home ownership! Enjoy!
Side note: all of these photos are from the realty website and will soon be transformed by the future Fissel's:)
The front of our new home!
Little closer look
Our lovely deck that faces a bunch of great trees!
Under the deck that will be out basement patio

The Main Floor
Foyer, living room, dining room

Look down at the front door
In the living room looking into the dining "room"
So much great light!
Our "dining room"... aka Dining Nook :)
Half Bath
Living room 
Another look into the living room 
On the stairs looking down in the living room

The Kitchen
Kendayl's Kitchen 
Looking at the other side of the kitchen that will eventually be made into a eat in kitchen
Yes that is a 3 sided fire places in between our kitchen and dining room.
In the kitchen looking out into the dining nook
Upstairs
Master Bedroom +bath, guest bathroom, guest room, and office
Master bedroom with vaulted ceilings
More Master bedroom
Master Bathroom
His and Hers sinks were a must!
This will be the guest bedroom (all are welcome!)
Guest Bathroom
This will be our office
Basement
aka The Man Cave
There "he" is... in all his glory!
 Well folks! There ya have it! A look into our new casa and the future of the Fissel family!:) I can't begin to explain how excited I am to take this next step of being engaged and owning our own home! It's going to be a fun, bumpy, and exciting time in our lives and I plan to share as much of it as I can with y'all.

**As of today our house was painted! It's so cool how a little paint can completely change the look and feel of a room. I'll be sure to post pictures once I get the photos from Mike's camera... and considering I never posted about my Fall party should be an indication that I have a lot of hounding to do. Wish me luck!

xoxo,
K




5 comments:

  1. Kendayl I love it!!! Where is it at? Fairfax? Mad props to you two, it's gorgeous! Can't wait to see it all fixed up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's in Reston!:) Thanks!! I can't wait to fix it up... I wish I could blink my eyes and it would be done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cool place! Can't wait to see it with paint!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, Kendayl, on the engagement, home, and so much more. Don't think the phrase "future Fissel family" was lost on me. I'm dying to get our kids (and future kids) together for their first playdate LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it Kendayl! Decorating is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete