Thursday, June 24, 2010

Slump Month

I have no excuse to be honest why I haven't posted. I could tell you I've been busy with school ending and what not and while that's extremely true I must tell the truth... The last month has been a long, stressful, and emotional month. The main reason for the stress is because my team at work is the GREATEST team in the whole world (no joke) and we're splitting up. It's hard when you spend all of your time with these people and you share so many personal emotions and events in your lives. Then one day, although it's a part of life, people go down different paths. That's where we are today. One of our team mates is leaving to start a family, the other is moving to another school that is closer to her house and family and then one is moving up to 2nd grade with her kids form this year. I am extremely happy for all 3 of them but at the same time I'm sad. My team has been my rock and a true blessing in my life for the last 2 years. So the last month has been my "slump month" as I refer to it
While I haven't slacked off on my working out, in fact I've been double dipping and going to the gym in the morning before work (with my friend Kelli who is a team mate as well) and then doing Tony most days after work. However, it's so true that to be/get in shape it's 80
% what you eat and 20% what you do. Well my eating has slipped... the treats that come at the end of the year are ENDLESS! I of course had my days of not walking away fast enough. Needless to say I've been feeling really down on myself lately and as I've said in the past I'm going to get back on the horse. (I say that a lot! Sheesh). I realize how dedicated I was the first 2 months and the changes I saw... but more importantly how I felt. I'm realizing now this isn't just a 90 day program it's a life style change that I really struggle with. I love food and it loves me and sometimes I don't always make the right choices or stick to the correct portion
size for that matter. I know I've said it before, and who knows I may say it again, but I really want to work hard on watching what I eat and if I feel an urge to splurge I need to work on my portions.
I feel so much better when I'm disciplined and I know that I just need to keep that in mind.

So the honest truth as to why I haven't blogged is not only because I've been swamped but I haven't wanted to admit my faults. Yes, I know it's a part of life to have good days and bad days but my "bad" days were too close together. I didn't record some days on my workout calendar so while I should be done with my 90 days I'm still a few days away. BUT I WILL GET THERE!!!!! I will meet my goal!!!!
On a positive note, I had a really good day today and a great workout so I'm feeling that "workout high" and I feel prepared to get back on and make the permanent changes I need to make. In addition to my good day I wanted to keep my "full steam ahead" mentality going so I ordered "Insanity" today!!! I was tempted to get p90x but I need a little break from Tony and I've heard awesome things about Insanity so I'm going to give it a try after I finish with Tony. Wahooo!!
I'll try and be better with blogging I promise!!


SCHOOL'S OUT FOR THE SUMMER!!!! I start nannying tomorrow:)

Punta Cana in 9 days!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm SUPER proud of you pal!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!! Enjoy your vacation cause YOU DESERVE IT!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete