Thursday, June 3, 2010

Way over due

Sorry for the lapse in posting it's a busy time of the year! I'll start with the weekend...

Memorial Day weekend was a BLAST! We left Friday afternoon and sat in Anacostia traffic for 2 hours along with everyone else who was trying to "leave before the traffic got bad". I'll admit I was slightly scared; however, it was also very eye opening to drive through those parts. They're trying really hard to fix it up so we'll see where that leads. We finally made it to the bay house and it was perfect weather. We sat out on the deck and had some cocktails, appetizers (Mike mom is famous for appetizers) and a delicious dinner! She made this incredible couscous that I'll have to get the recipe for and share. Matt came after dinner and it was great to see him and catch up! Mike, Matt, and I slept on the sailboat just because we wanted to and it was a perfect night for it.
We woke up with the sun and while they had their morning coffee and breakfast I started out for a little run... when I say little I mean 3 miles because it was soooo unbelievable humid I was sweating before I started running. However, I felt great afterwards. I made my oatmeal for the day and we were off on the boat before I knew it. We started the day off with a long sail which was so nice. It was a gorgeous day in the 80's. After we sailed we ate lunch and then switched boats (yes, switched... we have options now that Mike and Jeff bought a jet boat) and we wake boarded and tubed all day long. It's amazing how tiring those activities can get plus being out in the sun all day long! We came back around 4-5 and showered up and got ready for Mike's moms appetizers... YUM-O! We caught a couple crabs so we had those which are always a delicious treat. We grilled some chicken and shrimp up and had quite a yummy meal. We all showered up and enjoyed the evening on the deck. Later that night we all took the boat over to the Tiki Bar and Calypso which are 2 bars nearby on the water. We had been to both during happy hour times which has always been really fun; however, as soon as happy hour is over we realized that it's not that fun. It was a weird scene with trashy people... which I will admit can sometimes be a great time but I think we were all just not in the mood for that. We headed home and found our way to the sailboat beds:)
Sunday we all woke up and Matt was as red as a lobster (probably because he didn't wear ANY sunscreen and he was pale... like really really pale ha!) So he headed home early on Sunday because the heat was killing him. I again, went for a run in the horrible heat but felt great afterwards. Just then George and Christen arrived and yet again we hopped on Mike's boat while the sailboat went out beside us and had an amazing day of water sports! We were out on the bay the whole day! We ancored the sailboat in a little cove and had some lunch. I pulled out the kayak and went for a nice little cruise around the inlet until Mike decided to hopp on and sink us:) Because we had a big group and Mike's boat only holds 7 people at a time we had to take turns wakeboarding and tubing. So some of us stayed on the sailboat while a group went on the jet boat. We all swam in the inlet and had a great time! The water was a bit chilly at first but it felt amazing with the 90 degree weather we had. We switched groups on the boat and had one last round of tubing and boarding until we headed home for Happy Hour and Appetizers (do you see the trend? :) We had a great night of booze and board games (Apples to Apples!)
Monday morning I decided NOT to go for a run because it was hot and frankly I just didn't want to. We headed out early so we could get a good run in before we had to go back home to reality. George, Christen, Mike, and I took the jet boat out for a couple of hours and wakeboarded and tubed. We got a beating that day! We had a great time just relaxing on the water and enjoying the last few hours of what was a great weekend! Before we left we all went to Calypso for lunch and had crab cakes which were delicious!!! Finally, we set out for home and waved goodbye to the water... at least until this coming weekend!:)

Now on to this hectic week! Tuesday was a rough day at work just because the weekend was long and sooooo much fun! After school I rushed home and did 1/2 a Tony video because I ran out of time... why you ask?? Because I went to see Taylor Swift in concert with my friend Kelli!! . Let me just say she puts on a GREAT SHOW! We had an amazing time but didn't get home until pretty late so it was a long day! My goal was to get up at 5:00 am and workout but I was just too tired so that didn't happen. Wedenday was a normal day with a great workout at the end and a little "Toddler and Tiara's New Season" to top it off! ahah those little girls are ridiculous! (Heather do NOT become a stage mom please:) ahahah jk)

I will successful say that I am still maintaing my weight loss from the beginning. I'm not losing anymore at this point but I am toning more which again is my main goal! Some even said that I had Kelly Rippa arms! Clearly they were over inflatting their compliment to me but HEY I'll take it!! I was a little nervous about bathing suit season starting but after spending the weekend in a suit I really felt confident and great! I've worked hard and I can tell it's paying off! I think I have about 17 days to go and then I plan on starting P90x which is the next step up of the Tony Horton videos. So I'm really in the mind to keep this all going because I feel great and I'm really seeing changes so why not?!

I'm sure you can guess what I'm doing this weekend so I won't brag:) hehe But yes I'm going to the bay house again and plan on having more a relaxing fun weekend to recovery from last weekends awesomeness and this weeks hecticness! 16 days of school left!!!!! wahoooooo~!!!

Not sure when I'll post next... and sorry I haven't posted pictures in a while but my camera is not being cooperative and decided to delete my photos from Memorial Day Weekend. Clearly I'm not happy about this... I'll get some this weekened and post as soon as I can!


*Side note: My friend Heather finds out if she's having a boy or girl tomorrow... CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments: