Wednesday, May 26, 2010

no more squats!

Just as i suspected... I'm sore. Day 1 of level 5-6 was great... because I was excited. Then I woke up and realized I was sore and Tony had given me a good workout. It wasn't the worst kind of soreness I have ever felt but I was definitely feeling it in my butt, legs, and quads in a different way than normal. (No pain no gain right?) When I got home yesterday I popped in 5-6 sculpt and got to work. OUCH. I definitely need to get some lighter weights because it's A LOT more reps and smaller muscle groups so my 8lb. weights are going to cut it. Not to mention I really need to work on doing a normal push up instead of only girl push ups. Now, while Tony says girl push ups are completely OK I really want to try and do some regular ones. I knew as soon as we started lifting that I was going to be sore... and boy was I sore. My shoulders and arms really got a workout which feels great and I feel like I'm getting stronger but it sure does hurt a bit.

Moving on to today. I got home a little later than normal and had a "spa" date with my pal Sarah so I had to get home and get straight to work. As much as I wanted to skip the workout because of being sore I knew I needed it. So I did sweat 5-6 and it definitely wasn't as simple as it was on day 1... that might be because I was really sore, just a thought. Not only that but I really did sweat more than normal. Why you ask? Well our A/C is not working and it was 90 degrees today. So basically you can imagine the sauna that I call my apartment was a great place to be doing a "sweat" workout.Sarah and I had a great time catching up, pretending we were in a spa (minus the part of someone else doing our nails) and have a delicious dinner. :) I've done really well this week with my workouts (pushing myself) and my eating. I'm very proud of myself!

I know I could write more because a lot is going on with work and preparations for this Memorial Day weekend but I'm just too tired. I'll post tomorrow:)

Night!

1 comment:

  1. You can also make your stuff harder - try jumping in the air and going faster during your sweat! Also, I love the Plyo Legs - try that and then blog about how sore you are :) Next up....Insanity.

    ReplyDelete