Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day weekend



Fran and Trubs came into town on Saturday morning and let me tell you, we had the greatest weekend! I surprised my mom in their hotel room with flowers and a ready-to-go picnic basket. She had no clue I was hiding in her hotel room so when she walked in and turned the corner her squeal was heard round the block! :)
As soon as we hugged and kissed and I showed them the picnic I had planned we were out the door and on our way to Paradise Springs Winery in Clifton, VA. It just opened in January and it's so cute! It's a small vineyard with lots of places to sit (patio seating, picnic tables, and rolling grassy hills). We started out in the basement for our 7 fight wine tasting, which was great! We ended up buying a case of wine and 1 extra for our picnic. We chose a cute little patio furniture set in the middle of the grass right in front of the tent where the band was about to play. We pulled out the hummus, veggies, crackers, brie, and grapes and nibbled on that for about... 5 hours! We didn't get to the strawberries and angel food cake I had brought or the turkey sandwiches:) However the 1 extra bottle of wine turned into 3 extra bottles of wine, so the last thing we needed was more food... or more carbs!
Fran (I call her that more as I joke, I really refer to her as my momma or MA!) and I played corn hole. She just had rotator cuff surgery so she played in front of the corn hole board so it wasn't as far to throw. To my dismay she beat me. Because it was mother's day I was a good sport but believe me we WILL have a rematch!

After our friendly game of corn hole we enjoyed hours of great music and looking back on wonderful memories we've made as a family (we missed my sister, Hilary, but she just got back from vacation so I don't feel that bad! hehe) I honestly cherish every moment I get with my parents. I wasn't the nicest, easiest, or easy to love child but I like to think I'm making up for my rough childhood. My parents truly are the 2 greatest people I know and I love them more than words can express. Sunday was also their 29th wedding anniversary! They have a marriage that anyone would be lucky enough to have one day:)
After the vineyard we went back to the hotel, napped and then went to Flemings for dinner. It was delightful. My dad wasn't feeling well so he didn't get to enjoy his ribeye and wedge salad as much as he wanted to but we still had a great time! I stayed over that night (yayy for sleepovers!) and we slept in which was a great feeling! We went to the Eastern Market Sunday afternoon and my dad was a trooper while my mom and I shopped around. I bought her 2 new pair of ear rings and treated myself to a new necklace and stud ear rings. We met Mike for dinner and then said out goodbye's.
We had a great weekend!!! I puddled around my house the rest of the evening and called it an early night. Only to wake up for a new week... whining and complaining about everything I shouldn't have consumed that weekend. BUT, like I always say, if you fall off the horse, get back on. The thing is... I seem to be falling off a lot! It's a work in progress I guess:)

Here's to another week at getting it right:)

I ended today with a 3 mile run and sculpt 3-4 with Tony; already feeling a little better! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment