Sunday, May 16, 2010

Weekend Recap


Well I must admit this weekend was exhausting but so unbelievably fun!! My roommate turned 25 and her sisters and cousin came to town Friday night. So, upon their arrival we made sure our house was spotless... it looked great! I also made sure to get in a run before everyone showed up! It was in the 80's with ridiculous humidity but I was determined! We made dinner and sangria and played games with them and some of our girlfriends; it was fabulous! Unfortunately I wasn't feeling chipper so I sat out from the sangria and called it an earlier night then they did... so I thought. Some of our other friends stopped by after being out and they brought Mike with them. He was in rare form.... none-the-less I was excited to see him:) He fell asleep sitting up so the when the girls went him he retired to my bed instead of attempting to make it home without falling asleep on the metro and missing his stop... again!
Saturday morning I woke up at 7:30AM and went for a run. It was absolutely gorgeous out! There was no humidity and at that time it was in the low 60's which is perfect running weather! I felt great and proud to start my weekend off refreshed. Mike and I spent the day at Paradise Springs Vineyard (the same vineyard I took my parents to for Mother's Day last weekend) and had an absolute ball! We packed a picnic, picked our spot, and enjoyed the incredible weather, good wine, good music, and better yet great company... each other:) Tomorrow 5.17.10 marks our 3 year anniversary and I've always wanted to go on a picnic so that's how we celebrated and it was perfect! We had a great day!
Later that night we all wen to that National Harbor for a Clam Bake in honor of Bailey's 25th birthday! Not only was the weather perfect but the food was delicious! It was my first time trying lobster since the last time I said I hated it and surprisingly it wasn't too bad! There was a creepy guy that was the entertainment music and let's just say he had a ball entertaining all us ladies! After that we ended the night at carpool. It was a great day seeing friends and celebrating a great roommate!
We (he) also put my new water bottle on my bike and my new bike seat. My originally bike seat was way too hard so now I have a nice gel one that's super comfy! He also got me a basket but it doesn't fit right so we had to order another one. I can't wait until it comes in because then I can bike to the grocery store, take my basket (that has a handle) in the store and then hook it back on and be on my way! So fun!! After that we went to Tyson's to get my David Yurman ring cleaned (it's soooo sparkly it's like I got a new ring!) and to get my necklace lengthened and watched cleaned and a new battery put in. It was a very productive day!
After all the errands I made my way back home and rested for a bit. Then, I jumped back up and went for a run. I normally don't run the route I did because there is this GIANT hiLL that I have to go up and I really despise it. But I wanted a challenge and getting up this hill was a challenge but I promised myself I was going to get to the top without walking... and I did! wahooo! I felt great!
Ok... enough rambling. I said last week that tomorrow I would start levels 5-6. However, I'm going to start next Monday. Here is why: I haven't been as strict/dedicated as I have wanted to be with my eating/motivation the last few weeks. While I have done all my workouts and what not I just feel like I need to get back on track before I push it harder. So, my plan is to use this week as my "Get your butt in gear Kendayl" and then "Up the Ante" next Monday and have the last 30 days (HOLY COW!!) to push it hard. I really watched what I ate this weekend and while I did indulge I did it moderately, GO me! So I feel pretty good tonight. I feel like over the last few weekends I come to Sunday feeling gross and disappointed but today I really am proud of myself. I'm learning:)
With that said, this is my week to really get back on track. I want to push my workouts hard and stay focused on my eating... NO sweets! Lord knows I've had enough treats the last few weeks to last me the rest of my life. So I figure I can hold off for a week. I want to add biking and running in more this week so I'm hoping to get some Tony workouts done in the morning so I can add that in after work. I'll keep you posted!



No comments:

Post a Comment