Saturday, September 10, 2011

Mt. Vernon Trail LOVE vs. Gluten hatred!

 Today I had to run 10 miles for training and while I thought I was feeling good the night before, this morning I woke up feeling not so fabulous. This past week we had RIDICULOUS rain everyday to the point that it was flooding a lot of Northern VA including parts of my school. Because the flooding was so bad they closed FCPS schools on Friday. Some of you are thinking "LUCKY!!" but it was the first week of school, the 4th day of school to be exact, and we were already knocking off one of our "snow days"... not good! Instead of whining about it I went to one of my bff's houses Regina in Reston with two other of my bff's and we just hung out all day. We talked for the first 4 hours, made pizza and watched Broke back mountain (what a movie!!). It was a fabulous day to say the least.



I knew that by eating the pizza there was a possibility of my stomach hurting later because of the oh-so-lovely gluten but I ignored it and ate it anyway... Well much to my surprise this morning I felt less than stellar:( I started running with my friend Kerri and immediately started cramping. At the point I knew it was going to be a long run (and it was only 10 miles!! In comparison to the 15 I have to do next weekend) I tried to push through as much as I could but inevitably I had to stop and walk it out a few times. I wasn't happy about it because I could have easily avoided this horrible feeling by saying NO to gluten... but I chose not to. Stupid food pressure!!
Any who I finished the 10 miles (the last mile or so being straight up hill) and was proud I finished but annoyed at how crappy I felt the whole time.
On a positive note it was BEAUTIFUL OUT! We ran on the Mt. Vernon Trail along D.C.'s waterfront to Reagan National Airport and it was gorgeous! It was a little humid and quite crowded but none-the-less lovely!

Isn't it beautiful?! It definitely made the pain in my side seem more bearable being able look out at all of D.C. Moral of this story.... I CANNOT eat gluten (even if I really really want some and it's just a little) because it was severely hurt me the next day... and at this point in my training (and life for that point) it's not worth it. Now if only I can stick to that when I get tempted... hmmmm :)

I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!

-xoxox K


No comments:

Post a Comment