Monday, September 19, 2011

Over half way there...

This past Saturday was 7 miles. To help put that in perspective - it's the LONGEST that I have EVER run! And it's over half way to the finish line of 13.1 miles. HMTT has made this such a great experience for me. In the past, I sign up for races and say that I'll train but never do and then I'm disappointed at the outcome on race day. This time (because if I didn't train I would die) I've stuck to my training and now that I know several people in my group - I actually look forward to my Saturday morning runs.



This week was even better because my running buddy J was back from being out for several weeks due to an ankle injury. So glad she's back!


HMTT last year had some 450 runners I was told. This year - we have over 1000 runners on Saturdays! Here's a small peak of what it's like watching all of us thunder down the small streets of Richmond City:


And here's me and J:


Notice the fancy new running belt?! It's not all that flattering but it was ridiculously convenient to have fluids handy when I felt parched. As an added bonus, my arms weren't dying from holding the water bottle when I ran.

This is J's first half too and the amazing thing about her is that she has already signed up for her second half! The Shamrock Half in VA Beach in March. I told her I would have to see how November went before signing up :)

From here on out, ever Saturday sets a new record for me and all the first timers on the training team. Next week: 8 miles!

Next post: Taking care of your body with all this running....

No comments:

Post a Comment