Thursday, March 1, 2012

1 week in...

So far...so great. Since I'm pretty convinced there isn't a man who reads this blog...I'll go here. Even though I'm on my period this week...I feel way less bloated. It's amazing. 1 week without carbs or starches and I am already feeling a difference.

All week long I've been listening to the Paleo Summit: http://paleosummit.com/denise-minger/
Great information both for and against the Paleo Diet. Really interesting information.



Let's not kid ourselves: On Wednesday, I would have killed for a bowl of pasta. Thankfully, I had given all my pasta boxes, crackers and pretzels to my boss so the house was still a safe zone :)

But today when I woke up - I was feeling a little icky, a little like I was on my period but I still dared to get on the scale...down another 1.3 pounds!! Seriously, how does that happen?

I've also noticed that I'm more excited about getting in the kitchen. On Monday, I made Enchilada Chicken in the crock pot - 3 pounds of chicken, 1 can of diced tomatoes, a onion, peppers, jalapenos and whatever spices I liked - pepper, cumin, garlic, red chili flakes and 8 hours later...YUMMM.

Tonight I made pulled beef. I took about a 2 pound chuck roast, 1/2 cup of chicken stock, veggies, spices and 8 hours later...AMAZING.

Lesson: if nothing else comes out of this but me learning to cook in the kitchen - I think it'll be a success.

And so far...no working out yet because of my knee. Pretty awesome.

Oh yeah...Matt is down 12 pounds. That devil.

No comments:

Post a Comment