Sunday, March 18, 2012

Remembering...

    
Shirley Jennings Cooper
    One year ago today my Grandmother passed away. If you remember this post it explained how rough of a time it was. As I look back on this past year I can't even begin to explained how blessed I have been. There were so many times after my grandma passed away that I cried myself to sleep or woke myself up with anxiety. The love she showed our family was incredible. She was a tough cookie! It's been one year and while it's been a tough year because we've missed her it's always been an amazing year for my family. We've laughed and cried. We've found pictures and told stories that will never fade away. I wasn't able to go to Richmond this weekend to be with my family but my Aunts were there and it just shoes the values and family love she instilled in us all. While I caught myself today thinking about my grandma, shedding some tears because I won't have her at our wedding, and laughing at all the good times we shared I realize just how precious life is and just how important it is to cherish your family. 
    One of the greatest joys she instilled in our family is to love one another no matter what. She used to always say "I love you a bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck"... hint the name of our blog. We say it to each other often and each time I say those words or hear them I get a smile on my face because I know that even though she may be in heaven and not here with us her words, love, and dedication to family lives within forever. 



She was there with us on our BIG race day too!




Bushel and a peck, 

Kendayl


    

2 comments:

  1. Grandparents are the best. Losing my grandfather (my last living grandparent) was awful. It is only comforting to know they are in heaven watching down on us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful and really helpful to read, especially during this time of loss for my family. Thanks for posting this and know that you seem to be a carbon copy of your Grandma! Xoxo!

    ReplyDelete