Monday, March 12, 2012

pancakes

Almond Flour Pancakes that are OUT-of-this-WORLD!

photo courtesy of Heather Eats Almond Butter


Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup seltzer water (hence the Extra Fluffy) (can substitute with water or nut milk)
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • sweetener to taste (I used 1 tsp. or so of Agave Nectar)
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • Pinch of sea salt
  • 3 egg whites
Directions:
  • Stir together all ingredients except egg whites.
  • Whip egg whites until white stiff peaks form and then fold them into your pancake batter.
  • Fry pancakes over low heat in a greased skillet or on a pancake griddle.
   It took me a few tries to get the heat just right so I didn't burn them but so that they cooked enough to flip. Once you figure it out they turn out amazing! I was even able to flip them without the spatula just like a real chef!! (whoop!) 
  I made them tonight after dinner for Mike's breakfast in the morning and they started disappearing before they made their way into his tupper ware (oops!).
   Super quick and easy to make! I'm saving some of the batter for later in the week so it's one less thing I have to do!


bushel and a peck, 
Kendayl

No comments:

Post a Comment