Sunday, March 18, 2012

Inspiration Guest Bedroom

     Sooo... we just got the rest of our furniture settled into our guest bedroom and it' so exciting how different it looks not! It went from an empty box when we moved in, to Mike's hoarding room, to a guest bedroom!
    My mom and sister are coming into town this weekend and will be our first second guests! (Corey was our first guest last night... ha!!) I feel some pressure to get the room pulled together plus I'm super excited to get some color in that room and really make it it's own space! Here are some ideas I have for it...
I have this yellow paisley duvet already and love it!
I just ordered this from here

I already had these PB pillows
   I wanted to keep the guest bedroom calm but with more colors then tan and yellow. I new I wanted some greens and blues but didn't necessarily want to go with only those three colors. When I found this pillow I just loved it! It has the yellow to tie in the duvet as well as the blues and greens I wanted and to top it off it had a punch of color to give it some life. I hope it arrives (I only got one because...well because there was only one left) But that's perfect because I don't want to over do it with color I just wanted an accent that I could use to pull other accessories into that room.
    We currently have Mike's old dresser and night stand that are a set. They are a light oak color and one day I'd like to stain them a farmhouse brown stain to warm the room up a little bit and make them more sophisticated. We don't have a head board yet for the bed but I have some ideas for that as well.
love the idea of the old door/shutters



LOVE the rustic, clean, farmhouse look







We're going to make the head board ourselves which I can't wait for! I'm leaning more toward the rustic farmhouse headboard because I like the rich wood color with the contrasting vibrant cool colors in the room. What do you think? Clearly the room won't be finished this weekend for my mom and sister but I'm excited to start seeing things come together. 

 Bushel and a peck,

Kendayl


ps: the kitchen nook is coming along! I can't wait to post pictures when it's done!

1 comment: