Monday, April 26, 2010

Day 34

Today marks the 34th day of my journey and I'm feeling ehhh. I had a long but FUN weekendand getting back into the swing of things after 3 days of not working out is harder then I thought it would be. For over a month now I've been gone on the weekends. Not only is that draining (but FUN) but it throws my routine off (and leaves me pooped come Sunday). I've been good with getting runs in on the weekends but I struggle to refrain from all the weekend treats. GUILTY as charged! Summer is right around the corner which means a lot of barbeque's, parties, and trips which = many opportunities for me to derail.
I'm trying to keep positive and realistic. After this weekend I felt gross. However, waking up this morning to a fresh week helped quite a bit. I work really hard during the week to stay on track with my eating (which I'm getting really com
fortable with) and working out hard! It's still the weekends that I'd like to reign in a bit. :)
My workouts, while still exhausting, are becoming more tolerable for me. I'm holding strong to the weights and resistance bands on the sculpt video and I'm keeping up right along with Tony and his high speed cardio workouts. As for the Ab Ripper 200... it's a tough one but I'm able to make it the whole way without stopping (whereas when I started I had to pause a few times because it hurt so good) With that said, I'm hoping that by day 50 I'll be able to bump up to Level 5-6 and really get things going. I'll keep you posted.
Good news.... I got my photos back that I took in
March for my 25th birthday. They will NOT be posted on here for many reasons but I will tell you that I was very pleased! Of course I was knit picking some of the pictures and wishing I was toner or sucked in more but overall I was so happy and proud that I did them. I feel that from those pictures until now I definitely feel and see a difference. I feel like my stomach is tighter and my legs and bum are getting toner. I still have a ways to go and I'm sure I'll always feel like I need to do more but the point is that I'm progressing and seeing change. I've had friends give me compliments which have made my day! There are many days I work really hard and I feel like no one can notice. So when a compliment come
s my way (as much as they make me slightly uncomfortable) I'm starting to really appreciate them.
Ok... so here's the fun part. I've recently bought a bike (HOORRAAAY!) and I've recently gone on the shopping spree of a life time (thank you tax returns). I'm an Anntaylor LOFT aholic and just recently upgraded my LOFT card to a LOFT Master Card. (I get double the points, how could I turn that down?!) I've bought a lot of really cute things that I'm excited to wear once the weather decides to stay warm more then 2 days. I also just bought my first size 4 dress!!! Most of my dresses are 6's and I think I just got lucky with the fit of the dress but it didn't matter to me:) People keep commenting on my bust. Now if you know me, you know that I'm busty. Unfortunately my bust is not shrinking (I WISH!) so I don't know what they look smaller but I'll take it! :)
Back to my bike. It's YELLOW... yes YELLOW (w
ell more like a creamy yellow)! If you can't tell by my blog I love yellow. It's a Fuji Absolute 3.0 Flat bar Road Bike. It's not a hybrid but it's not a full road bike either... it's in between there somewhere. I'm excited to add some biking into my workouts along with running. Not only will it be so much fun but it will help me get ready for the 1/2 Tri I'll be doing in August. I haven't ridden a bike since last May (and that was disastrous). Mike and I did the Muddy Buddy together and let's just say I walked with the bike more then I rode the bike. So, I've enlisted Mike as my teacher on "How to ride a bike at the age of 25". Pictures and details to come... I've got 4 months to learn how to ride a bike, stay on, and go 11 miles... I can do it!!

I can't find a bigger picture of her but she's amazing!


1 comment:

  1. So excited for your yellow bike! You are doing an awesome job and I love following it all on this thing! Ahh...doesn't everyone we know need to start blogging?!

    ReplyDelete