Tuesday, April 27, 2010

one more than you think you can...

Today brought me back to my childhood. Long story short (because I'm tired)... we made peanut butter and jelly sandwiches today at school to introduce "How To" stories.
I completely forgot how DELICIOUS PBJ's were! I nibbled on a PBJ at snack time today and couldn't resist a whole one for dinner at 5:00pm (I couldn't wait!!) There's something about yummy peanut butter and sweet jelly that makes me giddy. I didn't really have them a ton when I was a kid (at least nothing out of the ordinary) but today for some reason I felt like a kid eating it! (It may be because I was eating them with 20 6 year olds:)
Anyways, after I indulged myself in the small delicious sandwich I popped Tony in and busted out a good sculpt 3-4 workout. The chair lifted push-ups were tough today but I stuck with it as long as I could and pushed out 8. Matt told me before I worked out that since he was feeling so determined and revved up from his workout that I should be too. So, his words of wisdom for the day were, "I'm feeling pumped up today, you should push it to the limit til it burns!! Until you can't go any harder... one more than you think you can do!" So I pushed hard through Tony and knew that I could push harder and add a run in today. After hangin with Tony I went and ran 3 miles. Normally 3 miles would be no big deal, a warm-up at best. But I'll tell ya what I am out of running shape! Shheeeesh! I've been so focused on Tony and not doing much of anything extra in this first month that throwing running back in the mix was tougher than I thought. I'm hoping by adding it in more to my workouts will help me get back up there with the best of them and back where I used to be... not so tired after 3 miles!!
After my run I walked to the grocery store (my favorite!) and proceeded to pick up things not on my grocery list. I'm really good at that! As I was tempted to get some more ice cream I quickly turned my cart around and avoided the temptation. Let's face it, I've had enough ice cream for a month. A quick walk home with my recyclable bags and I was home and making my lunch for tomorrow. It was a busy day and I'll be glad to lay my head down.:)

So before I call it quits for the night I wanted to talk about my GREAT NEWS! I have the hardest time finding cute bathing suits to fit my rather larger top. (it really is a problem) They are either ugly, ugly, or made for old women and ugly. So I've hunted and hunted and finally found a suit that I thought was cute and affordable. So I took the plunge and ordered online last week and it came today! I'll admit that I was slightly scared to open the box and try it on because I was expecting the worst: it not fitting or it being ugly in person. Much to my surprise it's really cute and it fits! IT FITS!!!:) The top fits perfect and the bottom does too and that NEVER happens! HiP hIp HoOrAy!! It's boating/sailing inspired which is funny since Mike just got a boat... I thought it was appropriate and more importantly in my size and cute! :)

What a day:) Off to bed... Goal for tomorrow is to actually wake up at 5:00AM and workout and not hit the snooze. I'm hoping if I can do a workout with Tony in the morning I can do my run after work and have more time to relax:) We'll see how it goes!


No comments:

Post a Comment