Thursday, April 29, 2010

Love/Hate


These last 2 weeks I have been in a rut. I've been doing my workouts really hard adding in running when I have the energy but when it comes to snacking and sweats my goodness I'm outta control! I realize it's "that time of the month" but I'm making a lot of excuses as to why one more mini milky way won't hurt...and while it doesn't hurt one bit it actually tastes quite delicious going down BUT it's not helping me in my journey to doing the best I can. A treat every now and again (I emphasize A meaning 1) is ok but I'm struggling on those sweat treats.
Being a teacher there are treats everywhere all the time! The first couple of weeks I was SOOO good and I resisted the temptations but now I see myself being a little too lax with the goodies. I gotta get back on track and really focus on my end goal... getting in better shape!

Ok...ok... enough of that. I am feeling stronger and toner which is my ultimate goal! I still want more though so it's time for me to get focused again and kick it in high gear! I'm feeling good and more confident but I still want more and as much as I wish it would happen over night I have to keep telling myself that this is a marathon not a sprint. I just wish that you could workout and see instant results that would be incredible; however, very unrealistic! :)

We're going to the boat this weekend (yes again... it's my "vacation home") and my goal is to really stay focused on my eating after the cocktails go down. This is my downfall recently... drinking and snacking. So I'm really going to try hard not to snack after dinner, which really is only a problem when I drink. I'm also going to try and limit my appetizers. I love Mike's mom to death but she's a cute little Italian that loves forcing food on people even when they say no! For most people this would be heaven (and it used to be for me) BUT since I'm trying to trim down it's not helping. So, my game plan is to sit farther away from the snacks:) AHAHAH! No but really I'm just going to stay focused and only have a little (I"m going to remember my potions for snacks... 3 oz. and them I'm going to move on.) I feel like I think I'll never see the snacks again. Like it's my only chance to have those snacks EVER. Ridiculous I know! Not to mention my eyes are bigger than my stomach and I always end up eating more than I want. I really got get myself in control. I have such a love /hate relationship with food. Arrgggg!


Since I'll be away this weekend I probably won't be posting again until Sunday unless I have an awesome day and I want to brag about it! :)

Have a great Friday and a fabulous sunny weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment