Sunday, June 12, 2011

Greetings from a stranger

Well hello there (said mainly to my sister, the other person who reads this). I'm sure you must be thinking that I've disappeared or perhaps am no longer interested in the blog. Fear not.

However, my life is changing considerably since I lost posted and blogging (and I fear my healthy goals, have taken a back seat. Right around Easter,  my hub and I started talking about looking to buy a new house. Or rather, I started stomping my feet and holding my breath until he agreed to consider it. The plan was that I could START to look so that I could get a sense of the market and what our budget should be. After years of HGTC and My First Place and any other real estate show I could get my hands, I already felt like I had a good sense. So naturally, roughly 1.5 days after starting my research I'm stunned that I may have found THE PLACE. Fast forward now less than two months and we've negotiated a kick ass offer, had it accepted, found a renter, packed our boxes (mostly), moved in to a storage unit and we are now preparing to move back in with my parents while our new home is being built - did I mention that it has a 2 car garage, attached, IN THE CITY!

Our new home!



All of this means that my spare time has been about patching holes, re-caulking the bathtub, paperwork, mortgage discussions blah blah blah. With all my dishes and pots packed, making lunches has taken a back seat. I spend my nights packing and that means that my morning work outs have also taken a back seat.

K and I are turning that around though. So I'm posting it here - so that I cannot back out - I'm running my first ever half marathon in November. In the Outer Banks. While I'm doing this crazy stunt K will be running her first ever FULL marathon.

Here we go Coopers Here we go!

1 comment: