Sunday, June 12, 2011

Time flies when you're having fun!

This weekend was FABULOUS! My sister came in town and we got to finally spend some quality sista sista time together! Mike was out of town and as much as I missed him it was nice to have a relaxing weekend with just my sister. Here's a quick recap of how my weekend went.

Friday: Hilary came to work with me! The kids LOVED her! They came up with 25 questions they wanted to ask her and let me tell you they didn't hold back (ex: when will you give Ms. Cooper a niece or nephew? AHAHA that was actually my question but still) It was so much fun having her in my classroom not only to see my kids but to see what I do! She bought the kids cookies shaped like fish, flowers, and butterflies; too cute! She only stayed part of the morning because she had to go back to my house so she could "work from home".
After school was over I rushed home! We were going to go to LOFT to shop but Hilary had a whole mess of stuff with work she was dealing with. So instead, we opened some wine:) That night we went to Vapion's which is a little Italian Restaurant in Ballston down the street. We walked there and met up with two of her college friends. I was REALLY hoping they had gluten free pizza; however, when I guessed the guy if they did this was his response " No, there's isn't enough of a demand and that would be too hard for us". BLAH! I understand that everywhere doesn't have GF (gluten free) options but all their food is already pre measured and packaged so it's easier for them to prepare it faster so it blows my mind that they can't make GF dough and have it ready for people who want to order it. Oh well... this GF journey may be for the best but it's already turning out to be frustrating.
Instead of the delicious GF pizza I had envisioned I went with a basic salad with chicken. It was good... but not what I really wanted. Not to mention my sister and her friends were eating yummy pasta dishes and pizza... I was green with envy!
We had a nice dinner, caught up, and then headed home for an early night.

Saturday: Hilary had to go to wedding meetings all day (she has her own wedding planning company on the side.. she's a BIG deal!:) I slept in which was incredible! I don't get to do that often... well, actually I never get to do that so it was a lovely treat. After I woke up and had some yogurt with GF Puffin cereal I threw on my workout clothes and did a Power 90 Sculpt 5-6 Video. Great way to start the morning!
After that I spent the day at my pool with my friend Bridget. It was soooo incredible relaxing! I love my busy, on the go weekends but no having to do anything or be anywhere for once was nice. For lunch we made chicken fajitas without the wrap. We grilled grilled along with red and green peppers... YuM-O! We put it on top of some romaine lettuce and had some black beans on the side. It hit the spot but was light and filling because we left out the wraps and made it into a fajita salad!
After passing out at the pool for a few hours Bridget went home and I started to get ready for the most delicious and fun dinner I've ever had with my sister!
We went to Evantide in Clarendon for dinner and it was uber nice! We got to dress up and hit the town together! I got a salad as an appetizer because I was really hungry and it was the only GF app. on the menu. We ordered a bottle of wine ($60!! thanks Hil) and it was goood! For dinner I got Wild Alaskan Halibut and this was the description underneath "Artichokes bariguole, piquillo peppers, picholine olives, chermoula". I got mine without olives and I'm not sure what everything else is but it was so delicious I could have licked my plate but this was a classy place and I didn't think that would look very good. Hilary got some red meat dishes (which I don't eat) so I'm not going to bother explaining what she got. :)
We met up with my sisters best friend who was in town from Texas for her sisters Bachelorette Party. We went to a really cute lounge bar and hung out. It was a casual and very cute place. I wasn't feeling stellar so we left around 11:30 but still had a great time painting the town red... even if we were home before midnight.
Sunday we woke up pretty early and Hilary hit the road. I was sad to see her go but I had such a great time with her and I'll see her next weekend! I ran errands and cleaned all day and just got back from a run! I went to Trader Joes (which I L.O.V.E) and Whole Foods which I normally don't go to because it's so expensive but trying to find certain GF foods is tough in a normal grocery store. Finally I hit up GIANT for my regular items. It was the longest grocery shopping trip ever but I loved it. I got so many cool GF products and I can't wait to try them! (I'll blog more about them once I crack them open). My run was good! It's really humid today so that was a little rough but I just think of it as a great opportunity to sweat out the wine from the night before:)
Now, I'm just finishing up some laundry and deciding if I want stuffed peppers for dinner or eggplant Parmesan... hmmmm. I'm going to finish some things up and ponder that and I'll post later what I decide!

Overall a fabulous weekend with my sister! I did great with my meals and workouts!:) Go me! I'm really excited to start cooking differently meals and recipes that I find on others blogs too! Wahoo


adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment