Thursday, June 30, 2011

New chapter...NEW CLOTHES! (clearly?!)

logo.png I love LuLuLemon. Love. 

Ok, lets back up. We'll recall that a couple of weeks ago I was told that I am 10 pounds overweight. I came home and was down, deep, for several days. I want to take my Dr. seriously. I also know that I'm active and healthy. I felt trapped in the feedback. 

So I took a drastic measure. I threw out my scale. Well I threw it storage anyway but same thing. It's under lock and key and no where near where I can get to it. I decided that too much of my daily happiness is based on a ******* number on a scale. Since when do I define myself on a number?? And now it's been 2 weeks since I've weighed myself. I AM curious but for the most part it's been liberating. I've judged myself on the scale everyday since I was 12 years old. And now it's based on how I feel and what I've done for myself each day. 

We'll see happens with the tale of the scale.

Anyway, on to more exciting new as my LULU love suggested. 

Kendayl and I are doing the Richmond half/full marathon in November as we've previously mentioned. Mild problem: I don't really like running. I used to, growing up. But I do really like challenging myself. What better to start off training than with a new outfit. I figure we did every year for the new school year. Why not!? And off I trotted to LuLuLemon. The people who work there are so uplifting and encourage. I think they just excited that you're trying to do something.

features-95-ohmy2.jpg



Items purchased: Berry Swiftly Tech Short Sleeve Shirt, Willpower Short Sleeve Tech Shirt in Surge, A light pink post work out pull over and MOST SHOCKING a running skirt.....

running-skirt.jpg
Don't I look cute? Well...that's kind of what I look like in it...


I'm going to let that sink in.

I bought a running skirt. two words that I didn't even know could go together. And it shows my knees....
I tried on actual running shorts....HORRENDOUS. 

My shirts even have pockets that are meant for gels but I think they are also the perfect size for my ipod nano. LOVE! So here's to a successful training.....And looking good doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment