Monday, October 24, 2011

count down






I can't wait to have one of these medals around my neck!!
(These are past medals but you get the idea... can't find what this years looks like)

I feel so blessed to have made it this far in my training. Some people may not understand what this race means to me. But in reality this race has a lot of meaning. I'm 18 days away from...


-accomplishing a goal I never in a million years imagined I would attempt
-pushing myself farther than I ever have
-being a MARATHON runner:)
-hugging my sister after we finish our races and telling her how proud of her I am and how much I admire her determination and drive to never give up... even when things get hard
-getting a MUCH NEEDED pedicure (my poor toes need some lovin!)
-having my weekends back/sleeping in! (even though I plan to keep up long runs)


and most importantly...
*Thanking my grandma for all of her support in everything I've done in my life. As I've mentioned before my grandma passed away this past March and it was one of, if not the most, difficult times in my life (and my families lives). We lost the rock of our family, I lost the last grandparent I had, I lost a friend and my name sake. My family lost a lot; however, we realized how much she had done for us. She had brought our family together in a way that I can never fully explain. I miss her dearly and often catch myself tearing up thinking about her. But the one thing she taught me that I'll never forget is to NEVER EVER give up. I keep her in my thoughts everyday especially when I'm running because I'm not just doing this race for myself but I'm doing it in memory and honor of my grandmother.  
My sister and I want to honor her in some way on race day and have narrowed it down to making t-shirts or getting a bracelet made (those rubber ones). We're still working on it so I'll keep you posted as to what we decide.
This is my grandma and grandaddy on their wedding day:)


So today marks the last 18 days of my first marathon and while I'm nervous as all get out I'm excited and anxious to complete something so monumental!


What inspirational people are in your lives/were in your lives that help you get through challenging times?


xoxox, 
K

No comments:

Post a Comment