Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pump Pump pump it up!

Ok folks we're down to 12 days until race day! (can you say oh em gee?) I was feeling extremely nervous and anxious this past week for so many different reasons.
1. I haven't been keeping up with my weekly runs that help keep me loose
2. My friend Kerri's marathon was today and I was running 16 with her in support
3. My race is in 12 days!!!

As nervous as I was about all of the above running today with Kerri helped calm me down. Not only did she do INCREDIBLE I was happy that I ran 16 with her to support her. She has been such a great support system during the training, I truly couldn't have done it without her. Today really got me excited and pumped for my race. There were over 30,000 people running this race including wounded warriors... let me just tell you it was an inspiring day to see soldiers and veterans and military wives out there supporting one another. There are no other words to describe today then amazing.
I'm really glad I ran the 16 with her because it got me refocused on what's to come... 26.2 miles. I feel ready, excited, nervous, anxious, and PUMPED UP! I forgot how hard your adrenaline pumps on race day. Fans screaming, music playing, bands rocking out, and lets not forget the orange slices! I'm ready! Bring it on 26.2... you're MINE!!!!:)

Congratulations Kerri and Teresa you DID IT!!!:) So proud of you both!!

-K

No comments:

Post a Comment