Wednesday, November 2, 2011



10 days until I'm a half marathon runner!!! Actually according to the ticker on the site I have 9 days 10 hours 25 minutes and 15 seconds, 14, 13, 12, 10.....AH!

It's crazy to think that 14 weeks ago the concept of 6 miles seemed too daunting and now this Saturday we running 6 miles as a recovery run and it seems like a mile run for me.

I attended a pre-race running clinic tonight and it gave me goose bumps. Coach Ro walked us through the course and what race day was like and crossing the finish line.

Here are the tips they had:

  • Start eating a few more carbs early in the week and eat ones that are easy to digest
  • Don't try eating anything new that week but especially the night before
  • Have throw away clothing available if it's cold or windy or wet the morning of the race. If you're wearing a sweatshirt before hand, cut down the middle so that you don't have to pull it over your head during the race
  • Put out your clothes the night before
  • Know that you can finish! Ro actually said during a tougher race for her she started singing different words to children's songs about the food she would eat after the race
  • HAVE FUN!
  • SOAK UP THE EXPERIENCE!!

I also have a really sad story. We all know that I'm IN LOVE with LuLuLemon. In fact, it's the only stuff I wear when I work out and run. I feel awesome in it. It pumps me up and dammit, I look cute.  So I found the Swiftly Tech Long Sleeve in  Surge. I got ALL KINDS of excited. Order 2 sizes in 6 and 8 just in case. THEN - today - I got an email that they had a glitch in the system and short story didn't have my shirt available. And the store is out too. Dear LuLu - if you get this message will you please please please please find me a shirt?! I would love to advertise for you that day :) Your loyalty, albeit disappointed, customer - Hilary.




No comments:

Post a Comment