Tuesday, November 29, 2011

What's the plan stan?

Here's the plan... the moment I finished my marathon I was ready for the next race. Well I wasn't really ready because I was in pain and tired but my mind was ready for the next goal so here's the agenda...

1. Girls on the Run 5k: (NoMy school sponsors and after school program where we promote positive self esteem, healthy living, and train girls for a 5k race. I was a coach last year and absolutely LOVED it. I knew this year was going to be crazy so I took this year off coaching but was still a "Buddy Runner" for one of the 5th graders at my school. It's an awesome program and one that I wish I had when I was younger.
We ran this race the weekend after the marathon and it felt great!:)
This was my buddy Ellie:) We came in first for our school!
Regina, Bridget, and I... all 3 coaches from last year!
This years GOTR group!!

2.  Washington, D.C. Hot Chocolate 15k (This weekend!!!)  This is my first year doing this race and honestly the name itself is what caught my eye! My friends Amanda and Laura are running this race along with my sister, friends Regina, Bridget, and Courtney so how could I have said No? The jackets we get for running are pretty cool looking too I must admit and lets be serious half the reason I do these races is for the cool gear you get for free a ridiculous registration fee. So this weekend I'll be running for Chocolate!! Whoop!

3.  Our Nations Capitol Rock N' Roll 1/2 Marathon  (March 17, 2012) I've never done this race either but again my friends were signing up for it and asked if I wanted to run it and I said sure what the heck! I L.O.V.E. running through D.C. especially around all the moments so I know this race will not disappoint. Much to my surprise after saying yes, which was before I looked into the race, I found out how much the race cost. Now, let me preface this with, most races are not cheap; however, I've never spent $95 on one!!! YES $95!! It hurt, I'm not going to lie but I know in the end it's going to be a fun day! My goal for this race is to run it in under 2 hours. My PR for a 1/2 marathon is 2:05 so I'm really hoping with some good speed work training I'll be able to accomplish this goal.

After this race I don't have anything lined up or paid for but I do have a few in mind.

This Spring is going to be super hectic... more to come on that:)... so I'm really trying to book some things now so that I stay focused and don't fall off the running band wagon that I've worked so hard to get on. Any advice on juggling the craziness of life and running/working out? How do you fit it all in without going insane?

If you know of any races coming up be sure to keep me posted as you've learned I love a good challenge!:)

Happy (almost) Wednesday, 

K

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog! Its given me so much motivation just reading through it in the past hour :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad Heather!!!!! :) Yayy!

    ReplyDelete