Thursday, November 10, 2011

"Please enjoy the music while you WAIT"

I'm on the hunt for a new comforter/duvet and if you know me you know that I make decisions too quickly and then end up regretting them. So this is where you come in. I'm going to start posting things that I like and you need to help me make a decision by telling me your favorite, giving me alternative ideas, or telling me I have terrible taste. Got it? Ok ready. set. go.

I really really really wanted this duvet from Pottery Barn

I love the colors! It's feminine but masculine enough for Mike. He really wants grey on the walls in the master bedroom, which I'm fine with as long as we can find a duvet/comforter that I like and feminizes (is that a word?)  the room. Unfortunately for me this duvet is COMPLETELY SOLD OUT. Just my luck. My friend Bethany is an awesome shopper and found some Pottery Barn items at another store by calling around. I figured, what the heck, she had luck why can't I. So what did I do? I spent my 20 minute lunch break calling Pottery Barn stores in locations that I would be willing to travel to or knew people there that could pick it up and mail it to me. I had ZERO luck. Then I talked to my friend Heather and she found it on Ebay for me so I put a bid on it and it was rejected and then bought by someone else. Yep, again just my luck. So here I am on the hunt again...

Soo.... I've been searching and found another comforter that I really like at Pottery Barn as well. Here she is: 

Again, I think it has enough male friendly colors while still being feminine and I think it could possibly look good with a grayish wall OR a neutral like tan/khaki

I really really don't want to buy something and then regret it because I found something better. I'm not opossed to looking somewhere other then Pottery Barn I have just been drawn to these 2 comforters. I like more calming colors. My bedroom furniture is white and won't be changing colors anytime soon:)
I can't seem to put into words my style so here are some blogs that I have found some inspiration in: 
6. Haute

I could go on and on forever. I love Pottery Barn, and Restoration Hardware, and Crate and Barrel but I'm a softy for a good bargain and have a close place in my heart for TJ MAXX, Homegoods, Hobby Lobby, and thrifting!


So help me out... what are your thoughts on the duvet cover. AND do you have any other ideas out there that you think I might like?! I'm trying to be patient and really look at multiple options but I get impatient.


ps: I failed to mention that Mike and I bought a house.... Eeek! Closing is December 28 so I'm keeping my fingers crossed it all goes ok but planning and decorating as I wait:)

A very indecisive and impatient, 
Kendayl :)




No comments:

Post a Comment