Sunday, November 27, 2011

thankful

thank·ful  (thngkfl)
adj.
1. Aware and appreciative of a benefit; grateful.
2. Expressive of gratitude: a thankful smile. 


I can't even begin to express how thankful I feel this year. So I'm going to try and do it quickly...


I am thankful for...
1. My Family- they love and support me no matter what and I truly can't imagine my life without them. They are my rock.
2. Mike "aka Kendayl's friend" :)- Oh geez he puts up with a lot! He's my best friend and the love of my life (cheesy I know, but so true). He challenges me everyday and never seizes to amaze me. He's opened my eyes to so many wonderful things and for that I am thankful.
3. My friends- Old and New I have the best friends ever! I can't imagine my life without the friendships that have lasted and the incredible new ones I've formed.
4. My job- Not a day goes by that I don't think about how lucky I am to have a job. Not only that, but a job that I love waking up for and know is making a difference.
5. My life- God is good! I wake up everyday knowing how blessed I am! I am so grateful for the life that I have been giving.

 This  year was the first year Mike and I are doing the holidays together (it's a HUGE deal!). I do not like to give up my family time... if you haven't noticed my family is pretty much my everything. However, I know that Mikes family is a HUGE part of his life as well. As much as I'd like to be selfish and say he has to come to my family's gatherings that's not fair. So this year we had Thanksgiving with his family in PA. We had a GREAT time! I love Mike's family for so many reasons: they are funny, loving, caring, great cooks, welcoming, homie, family oriented, fun, and humble. They remind me a lot of my own family which makes spending the holidays with them lovely:)
   We drove up to Hanover, PA Thursday morning and spent the day at his aunt and uncles house. We had a great time spending time with his family, laughing, eating, napping, eating, playing with his adorable baby cousins, eating, napping, eating... well you get the point! We had a great day and it was nice to be together.
Found this Thanksgiving word cloud at this blog and loved it!
    Friday we drove to Richmond to spend Thanksgiving #2 with my family. My sister hosted this year at her news house and despite me forgetting my part of the meal (I left it on the counter at my house in a cooler) we had a deliciously nice time! She did an excellent job pulling everything together, trying new dishes, and being a fabulous host! I love Richmond and I love my family so I couldn't have asked for anything more.
So I printed it out and put it in a frame to give to my sister as a hosting gift! She loved it!:)

Two Thanksgivings + Two Families= Two very happy and thankful people :)

I really thought traveling back and forth as much as we did was going to be a nightmare because traffic on Thanksgiving weekend is horrific but we were lucky enough to have no traffic! Any nightmare stories out there worth sharing?

I hope everyone had a fabulous Thanksgiving!

gobble gobble,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment