Monday, November 7, 2011

IT'S RACE WEEEEEEEK!!!!!

Ladies and Gents - it's race week! We've been training now for over 16 weeks and the race is within our sights! I couldn't be more excited and anxious. 

I hope this is a shirt at the expo....

Dragons team! I'm over there on the left crouched down.

Jillian & me at mile 5 on our last HMTT run!
This is J and me on week 3 (August) at the start of our run - same time as the dark picture up there.
We've come along way!

At week 3 we ran 4 miles and I was nervous then and said to myself that I couldn't run 4 miles without stopping. Now, just 14 weeks later, I ran 6 miles on Saturday in just over 60 minutes and I felt awesome. Nothing is impossible if you're willing to put the work in for it. That's what I've been able to remind myself of this week. 

I may not be the fastest. I may not be the best. But dammit if I'm not trying my hardest.

1 comment: