Monday, October 3, 2011

I'm back with yummy recipes!

   Sorry I've been MIA... The school year started and well, I lose my personal life for a bit... however I think I'm on the up and up!
   Since I've been gone training has been great! I accomplished 14 miles, 16 miles, and 18 miles! Wahoo! It wasn't easy all the time but I feel stronger each time. 39 days 12 hours 17 minutes 33 seconds to go to race day!


   Moving on... I've been trying to make new healthy recipes recently and opened up my Cooking Light Cookbook that is INCREDIBLE! There are so many wonderful recipes that range from quick and easy to more time consuming and elaborate. I'll admit that I didn't choose the hardest but I definitely wanted to impress myself...and Mike:)
Without further ado here's recipe #1 (directly from Cooking Light  the essential dinner tonight cookbook)


Tuna with Avocado Green Goddess Aioli




  • Aioli:  (I substituted the sour cream and mayonnaise for Greek yogurt)
  • 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
  • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves
  • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
  • 6 tablespoons chopped ripe peeled avocado
  • 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
  • 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • garlic clove, chopped
    • Tuna:
    • 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
    • 1/2 teaspoon salt
    • 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
    • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
    • 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
    • 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    • (6-ounce) tuna steaks (about 1 inch thick)
    • Cooking spray

    Preparation

    • To prepare aioli, combine first 9 ingredients in a blender; process until smooth.
    • To prepare tuna, combine coriander and next 5 ingredients (through pepper) in a small bowl; sprinkle spice mixture evenly over tuna.
    • Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add tuna; cook 2 minutes on each side or until medium-rare or desired degree of doneness. Serve with aioli.  (I added green beans and bakes potato wedges
    This was Mikes portion...:)

    Now, I will admit that I was nervous about cooking Tuna because I hadn't done it before. But it was super easy and so FAST! The Avocado green goddess aioli was delicious as well... so much that I ate it with chicken the next night!

Super easy recipe that I will definitely be trying again!

Have you ever made Tuna? If so how did you make it?

Happy Cooking,

K

2 comments:

  1. Omg this looks amazing! Here's my little foray into cooking tuna:

    http://alifetobraggabout.blogspot.com/search/label/Seared%20Ahi%20Tuna

    And I seriously can't wait till I'm done with this pregnancy so I can have my rare tuna and run uber amounts of miles again! Consider me jealous ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh thanks Maria!!! Soo soon and you'll be back:)

    ReplyDelete