Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Day 1: Hello Tony, goodbye carbs!

Well today kicked of Day 1 of 90... I try not to think of the end, just day to day!
Today went great! I planned all my meals out last night for the day: breakfast, AM snack, lunch, PM snack and dinner. I'm staying at Mike's tonight so I had to prepare and pack tomorrow's meals too, which was a lot of work! (but I don't mind:)
Anyways, all my meals were delicious today and I must admit, again, that 4 oz. of turkey is A LOT. I was nervous that since I have 6 days of no carbs that I was going to be tired, have no energy, and be starving. Much to my surprise I didn't experience any of those things (nothing out of the normal tiring day that is). Although I'm not eating carbs I'm eating a lot of veggies and protein which keeps me full and energized. My breakfast was an omlet with spinach, mushrooms, and feta cheese (I made mine a little smaller then they called for so that I could add my activia yogurt in: I can't live without it!) I had 20 raw almonds for my AM snack, a salad with turkey for lunch and my afternoon snack was 4 oz. of turkey and 1 slice of low fat swiss cheese. Let me tell you, that it was a good snack and definitely filled me up and gave me the energey I needed to do my first workout with Tony. For dinner I'm making Dijon chicken and asparagus! yum-O! :)
As soon as I got to Mike's I put the DVD (Fat burning system) in and was ready to go... 1 issue... Mike lives with 4 other guys. Needless to say when they heard the thumps from upstairs (jumping, high knees, etc.) they came running to see if there was an elephant up there. Much to their surprise it was just me! :) They laughed for a bit/look intrigued and asked Mike why he wasn't doing it with me... heheh :) Mike kept popping in and out of the room and encourged me which made me feel great! I proceeded on with my work out and while it was tiring it was fun and I got through the whole thing doing exactly what Tony was doing. He gives you easier options to do for moves in case the regular ones are too much but I was able to keep up with the regular ones. That doesn't mean I wasn't out of breath and sweating... because I was!
To be honest, by the end; although I was tired, I was wondering why the video wasn't longer. It was a good work out but I feel like I could have kept going. THEN I realized that this is ONLY day 1 and my excitement is through the roof, I'm sure I won't be saying "let's keep going" as the days/weeks progress. So for now I'm going to be thankful that I feel so great and can keep up!
Day 1 down.... T-minus 89 days to go!

1 comment:

  1. Good job K! :) I'm really excited for you...and those recipes sound super yummy. I might have to ask you to send me the Dijon Chicken one! Keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete