Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The first test...


Today is the second day and I woke up feeling great... but definitely feeling a little sore. I could feel it in my butt and my legs the most, boy were those muscles burning! :) but that's a good thing! As far as the goes I did pretty well... notice the ...'s. In math today we were doing a fractions activity with icing and graham crackers (warning!!) I went into the day saying to myself, Kendayl don't eat the icing it's not that good anyways. Well I was doing really well I even wiped off some icing that got on my finger from passing it out. However, my knees started to buckle (not really ahah!) and I CAVED! I dipped my tongue depresser (that's all I had to serve the kids) in the icing and scooped out a little bit. I will say that when I say little I mean LITTLE, less then 1 tbsp. Anyways, I fell guilty and checked the calorie count and promised that I would do something extra in my workout today to burn off the cheating I had done. I told some co-workers what I had done and they reminded me that if I wasn't doing Power 90 I probably would have had more then I did, so in reality I held up strong today! BUT... icing is NOT on my carb free, or any of my new menu plans, so I felt that I needed to make up for it.
As soon as I got home, normally this would be a time for me to snack, I popped the fat burning video in and went at it. It was definitely more challenging today as my muscles were sore, but it felt great and I really pushed hard today! After the video I went straight down to my gym and ran a mile (yes, only a mile) to burn off the icing and a little extra. :) Normally 3 miles is my warm-up/average but with no carbs and these intense videos I want to take it slow so I don't burn out. Not to mention, I have to go to dinner to figure out plans for my nannying job this summer.
That's another slight bump in my road for today... I'm eating at someone's house and while it would have been nice to let them in on my restrictive eating habits I didn't think that was appropriate. So, I'm going in with a strong hold on my stomach and I'm really going to watch what I eat. I'm going to stick to the protein and veggies. (Lucky for me, this family is pretty healthy so I'm hoping tonight is one of their healthy nights) I'm in the process of chugging water to help fill me up some just in case it's not the healthiest meal I can already be a little full (hopefully long enough to get through the dinner without eating everything!) :)

I'll let ya know how tonight goes, tomorrow! :)

PS: I know I'm not supposed to weigh in right now but I did... and I've lost 1.6 lbs! HEY it's a start!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment