Thursday, March 25, 2010

Rise above





I'm so proud of myself... and yes I'm tooting my own horn! So last night I went to have dinner with the family that I'll be nannying for this summer. (I've been babysitting these girls for 6 years now, they're like family to me) I was kind of nervous about dinner because I wasn't sure what we were having, I didn't want to ask for a carb free Tony Horton dinner, and because I have been good all week with my meals. However, it wasn't too bad! There was baby ravioli, asparagus, tabulah (which I'm obsessed with!) and rice and beans. I had a couple baby ravioli, asparagus, and a little bit of rice and beans (probably about 1 tbsp). I'll admit, watching the girls have cheesy mac N cheese was a bit hard but when they got to dessert is when temptation really set in. "E" had a Kit Kat bar and "R" had a brownie and some M&M's... yummm! I kept drinking water to curb my cravings:) I was definitely still hungry after dinner for two reasons. 1. There was no protein (beans yes, but my portion might have had 3 beans) and 2. I was stressing about eating bad (off the beaten path of the week) that I had a baby portion. When I say baby, I mean that maybe 1/16 of plate had food on it. It looked like a birds plate...

Needless to say, as soon as the parents left I was left with an open kitchen and 2 girls in bed... DANGER ZONE (no witnesses!!) Usually I'd go for the M&M's or yummy crackers and cheese and while these things aren't terrible it's the portions and "in moderation" part that I really struggle with. I opened their fridge and what did I find? Blueberries!! I took a handful of blueberries and a full bottle of water and left the kitchen. There were a few times I was tempted by the sound of my growling stomach to go find another snack but I resisted the urges and boy was I proud of myself! (You might be saying to yourself, it's not that hard to say No... but for me it is! I just LOVE food!!)

As for today, I feel like I should get a gold star. I found a full bag of Rollos in my cabinet at work because the Leprachaun came and dropped off the yummy "gold" for my kids on St. Patrick's Day and left the bag. Now, normally the bag might have been polished off by now or at least have a good dent in it but I've really held strong. I took a big wiff of the bag and passed it off to another coworker to get out of my sight. Go Me!
After work I was going to dinner with some friends which again I was nervous about because I didn't want to crack to the temptation of yummy out-to-dinner food. We arrived and of course we made it in time for Happy Hour and their special 1/2 personal pizza deal... Did I crack???

NOPE! :) Everyone ordered their Happy Hour beers and I got my water. They all ordered their pizzas and I got a salad with chicken and the dressing on the side. I really didn't want to be "that girl" and order a salad but I'm thinking of my long term goals and if I crack this early on who knows what I'll do later down the road. So I stuck to my guns and while I drooled watching the others eat their absolutely delicious pizzas I tired to focus on how amazing my salad was... and it actually was really good!! After dinner we said our goodbye's and I went home slightly dreading what I knew was waiting for me at home. I knew that 32 minutes (doesn't seem like a long time but it hurts!) of Tony was awaiting me. I got home, did some laundry aka procrastinated for about an hour and then got my butt up and worked out! My legs and butt were on FIRE and as much as it hurt I knew it was one step closer to a toner/fitter me:)

Between the Rollo's, beer, and pizza it was a temptation filled day but I rose above! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment