Monday, March 22, 2010

Tony has arrived!

My package didn't arrive this weekend and I was very disappointed because I wanted to start the week off with my new routine. So I called my dearest sister and got the scoop on what I should eat this first week of limited/no carbs. She filled me in and I put together my AM snack, lunch, and PM snack. I wasn't able to eat breakfast because I had a doctor's apt. that I had to fast for. That definitely threw my day off because I didn't have any energy to start my day off. All day I felt pretty good; however, as the work day came to a close I felt myself getting really hungry. What I wouldn't have done for an apple and peanut butter... instead I settled for an orange. Because I wasn't ready, meal wise, for the week I did eat roughly in my range minus a few calories and breakfast (no carbs!). 4:30 came around slowly but as soon as that clock hit 4:30 I was out of work! I stopped by Bed Bath & Beyond so I could get my scale to help me with amounts/portions. After that I headed home.
I arrived home from work to see a package slip on my mail box. I quickly ran to the office and swiped my package. Needless to say I was excited: TONY WAS HERE!! (Tony is the trainer on all the videos); I was tearing into the box as I was in the elevator! As soon as I got into my apartment I flipped the box upside down and all its contents fell out... and boy were there a lot of things to look at! I immediately found the first 6 day meal plan booklet and started reading through it. I made a grocery list of what I needed and hurried to the grocery store (Tony says you need to eat 3 hours before going to sleep. It was already 6:00 and if you know me, you know I go to bed early!) I'll save you the boring details of my shopping spree but it was good and I got everything I needed for the first 6 carb free days.

For dinner tonight I made tilapia with shallots, garlic, thyme, and lemon with asparagus (2 cups... which is A LOT!) and 1/4 of a tomato (I thought the tomato was random but I love tomatoes so I didn't mind). I anxiously waited for dinner to be ready and I dove in as soon as it came out! I honestly thought I was going to be starving after dinner but I wasn't! After dinner I Tony says I can have some tea... so I did:)

While my dinner was cooking I got tomorrow's menu together. At first I was worried that the portions were going to be ridiculously small, again if you know me, you know that I love to eat and I don't do well with anorexic portions (excuse the words). But as I was measuring things out 4 oz. of turkey is A LOT! So that alone got me really excited!

I'm supposed to do the first video called "Fat Blaster" tonight, or I can swap it for the "Sculpt and Sweat 1-2" since I'm a beginner. To be honest I didn't want to do any working out tonight. After this weekend, Shamrock 1/2 Marathon, I'm beat. It wasn't the greatest weekend for me; for starters I was recovering from a stomach bug, I lost a really important ring, our hotel room was gross, I got a blister on mile 3, and my knee was angry...really really angry. I didn't do what I wanted to do which was to get a PR. Instead I got what I call, a WR (worst record). waa waa :( However, it was my 2nd half in 2 weeks so I feel like finishing was good enough especially with all the odds against me. So, thinking about having to workout today is daunting. So I'm not going to. I feel like I'm wussing out but I just need 1 day off to recover from this weekend. So I've decided that while this is a 6 day carb free plan, I'm going to do it for 7 and make up for today.

So today is Day 0 of my journey (kinda) and in 7 days I'll be done with the carb free part.... Let the count down begin!


1 comment:

  1. You're excitement gets me going all over again! It's been great - tough - but great. I can't wait to read this as you go through it for the first time!

    ReplyDelete