Friday, March 26, 2010

Spring Break!





Spring Break has officially begun! Can I get an AMEN! I'm so looking forward to 9 days without children that yell Miss Cooper 999 times a day. :) In the mean time I am on break...BUT not on break from Tony:) I've done so well this week, I'm really proud of myself. I even said NO to cake balls. I would sit here and explain their almightiness but I don't have time for that. Just imagine the greatest thing in a ball form and you'll have a cake ball. It was hard saying no especially when my team was eating them and saying, "their small this time just go ahead and have 1". I resisted and chose pineapple:)
I'm packing up and heading to Richmond for the weekend to run the Ukrop's Monument 10k with my sister this weekend. It's her first race that's she going to run and I wouldn't miss it for the world! She asked if I'd run with her and help motivate and encourage her to the finish. I know she is going to do awesome and I'm excited to be there when she crosses the finish line! (Hopefully she doesn't kill me on the way there because you better believe I'm going to motivate her butt over that line! :)
After the race her in-laws have a race party at their house which is load with carbs and alcohol. What's wrong with that? Right? At this point in my journey EVERYTHING is wrong with that. I plan to eat a normal dinner before hand and not eat there. I will say, that I will be indulging myself in a beverage or two:) Mike is coming with me and I've given him strict instruction to push, shove, and/knock me over if I go near the food. Needless to say he gladly took the offer:) (hahah) He's been a great support this week and really is helping me fight the cravings:)

I'll write again after the race/party tomorrow night... which should be interesting, running 6 miles I mean, when I haven't had carbs all week and have felt slightly light headed during workouts. It's ok! I know I'll be ok and I can grab some Gatorade during a water stop to refuel!

Until then... Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment