Thursday, March 3, 2011

No more excuses... I hope

I'm in a rut. a REALLY big rut. I feel like everyone around me is in better shape and has better will power than I do right now. Which to be completely honest... is TRUE. There are treats everywhere and I'm known for being the one to eat eat eat and fortunately not show it (I don't always feel this way and lord knows it's gonna come back and bite me in the love handle one day) but I'm SICK AND TIRED of being known as the girl that can eat like my Dad. While I may hide what eat to the average joe it's definitely a different story underneath the physical appearance. I don't feel confident and I'm very self conscience... I swear I have no will power to only have 1 Cool Ranch Dorito instead of the whole bag...
I was talking to Hil today and we both realized we need to realize that food is fuel and not something we depend on when our emotions get the best of us or we're bored... more so me than her. We're from the south and everyone knows the stigma with living in the south and how we eat... we LOVE to eat! I'm a muncher. I could munch all day long and never feel full (well at least I think I'm not full). Thanks to my amazing father he instilled in us that full means your stomach hurts. SO WRONG!!!! I struggle with this a lot. In my self misery today I whined to my boyfriend about how lame I felt and how unmotivated I was... he reminded me that when I put my mind to something I do it because I love accomplishing my goals. He's right! I wish they were easier to accomplish sometimes but the feeling I get when I'm done and I tried my best is awesome!
So, today I tried to think about to last year this time when I started Tony for the first time and think about what got me and kept me motivated. Besides seeing the scale go down a few lbs. most of all it was the way I looked and felt! I was more toned than I've been since high school and for once I felt confident in a bathing suit. I also remembered how great it felt to cross of a day on my Power 90 calendar after I recorded what workout(s) I did that day. So, today after I shed a few tears and ate a few treats I made my calendars and I'm officially ready to start slashing days, inches, and pounds!
I'm officially here to say that starting tomorrow Friday, March 4,2011 I will be doing Tony Power 90 for 90 days and MORE very strictly BUT realistically!
My goal is to eat the meal plans that he has provided with 1 treat a week and 1 day for alcohol. To rule our treats and alcohol altogether would lead to me binging... let's be serious! I think that's extremely realistic. I want to do Tony 6 days a week and throw in running as much as I can. I don't want to put a certain amount of days on running because I don't want to over work myself or let myself down. However, with that said I do have a race coming up soon and my sister is counting on me to help her get a PR so I definitely need to keep up the running!
I'm feeling really motivated and pumped right now and hope that I can keep this mentality when the hunger sets in!

Any tips or suggestions? I could use all the motivation I can get!

I can do it, I can do it, I can do it!! Heck I know I can... I did it last year!

No comments:

Post a Comment