Wednesday, March 9, 2011

You can always start over

Last week, Kendayl and I were both lamenting about our diets and our work outs and not getting the results we wanted. In our conversation, Ken decided that we should start over - no cheating, 100% on. She hit send and I stared my computer for at least 2 minutes before I responded. I realize now that I paniced because of how much I was cheating. Yes, I was making my lunches and eating healthy during the day. But then I would eat out for dinner and meet my girl friends out for drinks and I wasn't putting my all in to my work outs. I wasn't going crazy but I wasn't investing all I had towards my goal of looking and feeling better. So Kendayl and I came up with our plan and she wrote about a few days ago. Work out 6 days a week. Allow for alcohol on 1 day a week. So I started Monday off by starting over. And so far so good!

I'm eating 4-5 meals a day. I'm making dinner at home so I can control what and how something is made. And I'm committed to working out. We all say this - getting to the gym or going for a run can be daunting but once I'm there, once I'm done with my work out - I'm so proud and I feel so good.

Last night, I found a recipe on the Food Network call Pizza Pot Pies - and it was healthy!
You can see it here: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/pizza-pot-pies-recipe/index.html

Monday: Turbo Fire, 45
Tuesday: Body Pump @ Golds
Wednesday: We'll see! I'm debating yoga or Turbo 30, Fire

Lastly, I'm giving myself things to look forward to - I'm planning my wine nights. That way I don't stray. This week will be tough - I'm meeting some girlfriends for dinner tomorrow night and Matt's family is coming in to town on Friday and we're going out to dinner. I've planned my wine day for Friday.

5 days down, 85 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment