Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I'm seeing stripes

    I've been thinking for a while now what kind of curtains I want in the living room. I think I may have found them. I wanted something that had a pop but something that I could work with and wouldn't be too much. Our living room isn't super big so I didn't want a bold color because it would close in the space more. So, after much searching I think I have a winner. Here's a look at my inspiration pictures I found...
I love that these horizontal stripe curtains give a pop to the eye but are subtle enough not to draw too much attention
*picture from MarthaAndAsh

love:)
*picture from: A Thoughtful Place

Again, still a really cool pop to the eye but doesn't take away from the windows, natural light, and nature outside!
picture from: A well dressed home

I know I'm terrible at giving pictures of our place updated so far but I promise once I get them off Mike's camera I will! (One day I'll have a smart phone and pictures won't be such a pain!)
    We're currently in the process of talking price, fabric color, length etc. I searched high and low and found the cutest and most fabulous Etsy shop. They are called MarthaAndAsh and I've been talking with Ash a little bit today and she seems like the nicest girl/woman/lady ever! She's been so helpful and I'll tell ya what... good customer service goes a long way! We'll go with the khaki and creamy white so it draws your eye to the window but doesn't distract from the natural light and beauty outdoors.
    I will say they are probably going to be more than I wanted to spend (because I love a really good inexpensive way to decorate) however, they use good quality fabric, they line it with blackout fabric, the stitching is impeccable. I just really love it! To think that I could attempt finding fabric I love, learning to sew it, and come out alive is nearly impossible. So my next best thing was to find someone who could do it for me! MarthaAndAsh also makes super cute pillows and other accessories. They are flexible and very willing to work with you and your design.

So what do you think? Do you have any good Etsy shops you love? Or any cool projects coming up? Am I insane for paying this much for curtains?

Kendayl

4 comments:

  1. Love it all!!!! We have such similar styles, all of the pics you shared are saved in my favorites haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got Euro shams from this Etsy shop and they are such great quality! (http://www.etsy.com/listing/74592884/euro-shams-designer-fabric-26-inch) Love me some etsy; love your curtain ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the stripes!! These are actually pretty affordable considering they are made especially for you. I just paid a small fortune for custom curtains for our office and dining room. Curtains are an investment. I had so much trouble because we have high ceilings. It's been a nightmare.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to know Bethany.. that's what people are saying I just needed some reassurance:) Thanks Champers:)

    ReplyDelete