Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A pile of pillow inspiration

I've been searching around for lots of inspiration for our home and considering I'm home sick with a respiratory infection, sinus infection, and the flu I've had plenty of time to browse around. I love the calm blues, yellows, whites, and greens but on the flip side I love the pop of some color too! So many decisions... I'm thinking once we redo our kitchen we'll do the blues, greens, and yellows in there because were going to get a Roman shade for the kitchen window and our plan is to build a built in breakfast nook with a bench seat so I'll be able to add some color in there as well. So this leads me to think I can bring the pops of color into the living room. Here are some of my inspiring photos so far... let me know what you think! I'm on the fence about which room (kitchen or living room) the color ideas would work best in....
Kitchen colors?







Very bright but I love it!



Kitchen?

Kitchen?

 I think the cool blues, greens, and yellows will be pretty in the kitchen.  Thoughts?
Kitchen or living room?
Could work in kitchen or living room



 All the pillows below I feel like would add some punches of color into the living room and I'd be able to work with a lot of accessories and seasonal changes...





Good accent pillow to go in the kitchen or living room with the colors





Another accent pillow to go in living room. Switch up the patterns.  Is it too much? Too trendy?




Love the idea of coral!

Love navy...
   
Ahhhh!! Because soon I'll be able to have these in my house:)
     I'm starting to feel more comfortable with my color ideas and inspirations but I'm not done looking yet! I want to make sure whatever I decide will be a longer lasting decision then most things I decide on... womp womp... I want them to be fun and versatile but classic as well. 
    What are some good places to find reasonably priced fabrics? Or any good etsy shops that make pillows? I've found a few but want to keep searching for a good deal... because I'm known for making quick decisions and not shopping around and Mike would prefer I shop smart! (so does my bank account) :)




1 comment:

  1. I love the direction you are going! Mixing up patterns is the way to go - Florals with Chevrons, etc. - if they are in the same color family they will all coordinate but not be too matchy matchy and having different patterns gives you a nice layered feeling!

    ReplyDelete